Friday, October 02, 2015

Alternate Ideas for Paper Pumpkin September 2015 Kit

Hey, folks!

I made these projects on Sunday and Monday and meant to post them earlier this week, but I've been kind of distracted the past couple of weeks, which is why I haven't blogged that much.

Reason for my distraction: I've renewed my interest in hand-carving my own stamps! :D  This is a craft that I REALLY loved years ago -- before I started card making -- and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I brought out my lino cutter and started carving again.  While I do love stamping with stamps that I've bought, I don't think there's anything quite like stamping with a hand-carved stamp.  It's very rewarding, and there's something very personal about it.  I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it already, and the supplies needed are not very expensive!


Okay, let's get to the projects I've been meaning to share!  I made these with the September 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit, "Wickedly Sweet Treat"...


First up is this treat bag I made...


I used dies from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set and Happy Haunting DSP to create the treat bag.  I cut one of the paper bags from the kit to start my layering.  I used the kit's stamp set to stamp the images and sentiment, and I fussy cut the images.  I was inspired by a card shown on page 42 of the holiday catalogue -- I thought it was so cute how they used a twig as an accent, so I used one of the straws from the kit in a similar way.  The raffia is from the kit, too.  I used this sketch from the challenge over at The Paper Players [PP264] as my starting point, but I'm too late to link up my project!



Next up is this treat bag, complete with punny sentiment...


This is Humble's favourite of the three. :D  He really seems to like the fringe-y paper bag!  This project is very similar to the kit's design, but I left out the straw and didn't use the kit's stamps on the tag.  I created the sentiment using the Alphabet Rotary Stamp and Washi Label Punch [I trimmed down the label].  The adorable horse sticker is from Making Memories.  I added googly eyes just for fun! :D

My last project for today is this card...



For this card, I cut one of the fringe-y pieces to cover part of my card base.  I used one of the journaling cards from the Seasonal Snapshot 2015 Project Life Card Collection as my main panel [love that kraft journaling cards are included in this collection!].  I thought there was a little too much space between the stamped sentiment and the flourish, so I added a Rich Razzleberry Candy Dot -- I'm not 100% sure about it, but I didn't know what else to add! :D

Here's a look at what was included in the September 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit:



The full kit makes eight treat bags and includes the stamp set and a Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Spot.  While it's too late for new Paper Pumpkin subscribers to get this kit, the refill kit is in the store now [it just doesn't include the stamps and ink].

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a crafty weekend! :o)