Sunday, June 01, 2014

A Treat Bag and a Card

I've got two projects to share today -- first up is this little treat bag...


:o)
Really fun to make!!  I used stamps from the Love You S'more stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  I like that you can add little faces or a tiny image from the set to the marshmallows!  And those little faces are small enough to fit in tons of other stamps, so it'll be so easy to give inanimate objects some 'personality'. :D  I heat embossed the sentiment and added some hand-stitching for a finishing touch!

Next up, a card...


:o)
Here I used stamps from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby stamp set.  At first, I thought this felt like an "I miss you" card, but then I thought it would be nice to make it a baby girl card with colours that might be a little unexpected for a baby girl.  I love that little bunny -- I coloured her with grey and white Prismacolor pencils, then I added some grey Flower Soft to give her a fluffy tail!  I wanted to create a sort of 'woven' look on the green grass, so I used the stamp of three dashed lines to create the pattern, but I purposely spaced each stamping unevenly and didn't have any of the horizontal stampings line up.  I added a bit of hand-stitching for extra detail -- I'm hooked on adding hand-stitching to stuff!

Many thanks to Kelly and Mike from Lawn Fawn for the stampy goodness!


I had planned to share a third card today, but I want to do another theme week, and the card couldn't be a better fit for the theme!  I'll be back to share it on Tuesday! :o)