Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Hippopotamus Thanks Card

It's kind of overwhelming when new CHA releases start hitting online stores, isn't it?  There's just so much of everything.  When I looked at product previews online, the collection I was most excited about was Kaisercraft's Hello Sunshine.  The animals are so charming! :o)  When I got my order of Hello Sunshine stuff, I smiled the entire time I looked through the paper pad, die-cuts and stamps.  I had smile pain. :D


:o)
For this card, I used just a bit of the Hello Sunshine paper [the grey], a scalloped border from the die-cut pack, and the ADORABLE hippo [also from the die-cut pack].  I like that the die-cuts are uncoated because I tend to prefer a matte finish over a coated or glossy finish on die-cuts/embellishments [though I do like specialty finishes like spot varnish -- some of the paper in the pad has varnish accents, which is really neat!].  I also like that the die-cuts are a good thickness of cardstock.  Sometimes I'll order a pack of die-cuts that are advertised as cardstock die-cuts, but they'll end up being quite thin.  Anyway, there I go rambling about supplies!  I get carried away sometimes.

I'm entering my card in the Operation Write Home ODBD challenge for this month, which is to make a Thank You card.  If they get 50 different participants in the challenge, Our Daily Bread Designs will sponsor the shipping costs of two boxes of cards from OWH.

Until next post!