Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek #1: Lunar Lights!

Hello there!
Thank you for the super-nice comments about the Lawn Fawn announcement -- I'm genuinely moved! :o) 


Today I'm sharing a project made with the new Lunar Lights stamp set that will be released on February 10th.  This stamp set can be used for any occasion, but I chose to make a Chinese New Year project because -- this probably won't be surprising -- I'm Chinese. :o)  And seriously, it ain't easy to find craft supplies that fit well with a Chinese New Year theme.  Last year when I was making cards for this occasion, I could only find one sheet of China-themed stickers from K&Co.  Ha!  So this stamp set is pretty darn neat to have.

I bring you...
Chinese New Year Candy Treat Bag!

 

:o)
I used one of the larger lanterns and one of the sentiments from Lunar Lights, and I also used one of the flowers from Petite Florals to add a bit of detail to the lantern.  I think I'll paper piece the larger lanterns in the near future because they're a great size for easy paper piecing!  I die-cut the treat window with a Nestie Label Nine and punched the top flap with a Martha border punch. 


This was quite fun to make, and I thought the general idea could also be used for upcoming Valentine's Day treats!

For more super-fun projects using the Lunar Lights stamp set, check out the blogs of the other Lawn Fawn girls:

Julie
Latisha
Lea
Lynnette
Mariana
Teri
Tiffany

...and, of course, the Lawn Fawn blog! :o)

Thanks for stopping by today!