Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Thank You Floral Card [for Global Design Project Challenge GDP002]

Hey, folks!

I hope you've been having a good week so far!  I'm here to share this card I made...


So I fussy cut one of the printed pieces from the Cottage Greetings Card Kit.  BECAUSE I'M CRAZY.  Seriously, I wouldn't recommend fussy cutting that design unless:

a) you have a lot of patience
b) you have really sharp scissors

You'll drive yourself nuts otherwise. :D

I started off with a Lost Lagoon card base.  For texture, I used some corrugated paper, adhesive-backed cork from my stash [old stuff from QuicKutz], and linen thread.  That great 'thank you' stamp is from A Whole Lot Of Lovely, which is a stamp set you can only get with Stampin' Rewards.  Once I spent enough to earn Stampin' Rewards, that was the first thing I chose because I love that 'thank you'.  I inked it with Stampin' Write Markers in Lost Lagoon, Mint Macaron and Tangerine Tango.

I'm entering my card in the current Global Design Project challenge [GDP002]:



Thanks for stopping by -- until next time! :o)

5 comments:

Kylie Bertucci said...

Wow!! Check out those cutting skills! It's come up wonderfully. Your patience was rewarded. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

~amy~ said...

absolutely amazing! Love Love Love your work.

Connie Collins said...

Chan, I just want to say WOW! This card is amazing. I loved it so much that I took the time to look at some of the other projects on your blog. You are incredibly talented and I just added your blog to my favorites list! Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project.

Cynthia B. said...

I think your fussy cutting is gorgeous! Looks like a diecut. :) Patience (and sharp scissors) pay off.

Paula Dobson said...

You are a brave lady to take on that fussy cutting, but it paid off Chan! I love the corrugated background teamed with the cork. It really adds a lot of texture to your beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project ♥