Friday, September 11, 2015

Just Because Floral Card -- A Non-Holiday Card with Reason For The Season

Hey, folks!

When I signed up to become a demo last month, my wish list was crazy long and it was tough to edit it down.  I wanted the Reason For The Season bundle, but I also really wanted the Garden In Bloom stamp set!  I wanted watercolour-y looking floral stamps like the ones in Garden In Bloom.  I thought, maybe I can just use the flower and leaf 'filler' images from Reason For The Season as watercolour-y flowers without the poinsettia outline.  So this card idea has been in my head for weeks!


While the poinsettia image from Reason For The Season kind of screams Christmas, the 'filler' images can look like any flower, making the stamp set more versatile.  I love that!!  To get a more watercolour-y look, I lightly spritzed the stamps with water after I inked them [I used a Stampin' Spritzer].

My attempts at "saving money" were FEEBLE because I just ended up buying the Garden In Bloom stamp set later anyway.  Ha!  I couldn't resist the sweet sentiment, "Friends are kind to each other's hopes & cherish each other's dreams."  I really love that. :o)

Back to today's card!  I used my Elegant Dots folder for the first time -- I really love it!  Both the embossed and debossed sides look great, but I chose to use the debossed side.  I used watercolour paper because I like the texture of it.  To tell you the truth, that panel reminded me of a paper towel or loo roll paper -- but a REALLY NICE paper towel or loo roll paper.  Ha! :D


I used Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Sahara Sand inks, and my card base is Tip Top Taupe.  I love those colours!  The sentiment is from Tin Of Cards, and I punched it out with the Washi Label Punch [sounds kind of angry, eh?].

Here's a closer look at the stamp set I used...


Reason For The Season Photopolymer Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!


I'm entering my card in the current Pals Paper Arts challenge [PPA267]:



Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a great weekend!  I was hoping to get a post done for tomorrow, but I think it'll have to wait until Sunday.  I need to get into a rhythm of photographing projects and editing pictures ahead of time, but I'm not very good at that.  I'll be hanging out with my dad for a while tomorrow, so a day away from blogging wouldn't hurt me. :o)