Thursday, August 27, 2015

He's Making a List Card [for Pals Paper Arts Challenge PPA265]

Hey, folks!

Here to share a card I put together earlier today...
 

My card is based on this sketch from the current Pals Paper Arts challenge [PPA265]:
 

When I saw that 'tab' in the sketch, I immediately thought, "File folder card!" :D  I brought out my File Tabs Edgelits Dies, which I got recently when they were a Weekly Deal.  I love making stuff with an office-y theme, so this was really fun to make!

Four of the patterned papers I used [including the one with that cute Santa!] are from this new set of papers from the upcoming holiday catalogue:

 


Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!
[available Sept. 1st]

The star pattern is actually from the new Halloween set of papers called Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper.  For the little memo paper behind Santa, I cropped and border punched a journaling card from the Hello December 2015 Project Life Card Collection.  Both will be available Sept. 1st.

To create the sentiment, I used this awesome thing right here:

 

Alphabet Rotary Stamp from Stampin' Up!

I think this is one of those items that's easy to overlook in the annual catalogue -- it doesn't really stand out.  But I love this stamp -- it's one of my favourite items in the catalogue!  A lot of times I'll want to use a sentiment that I don't have a stamp for, and this stamp makes it super-easy to spell out whatever I like. :D  The stamp doesn't include apostrophes, so I just added one in with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker [also in the Neutrals set and Many Marvelous Markers].

Hope you got a smile here today, and thanks for stopping by! :o)