Wednesday, September 17, 2014

You Warm My Heart Card

Hello, folks!  Long time no see!  I know things have been quiet here on my blog, but that's not to say that the crafting has stopped! :D  I just get wrapped up in things I'm working on and don't think of blogging, that's all.  You know how it goes, right?

I just got a surprise from Kelly in the mail and am already having some crafty fun with the things she sent!  Thank you so much, Kelly! :o)  Here's the card I made for today's post...


:o)
I *love* shades of teal!  And my love for hand-stitching is still going strong! :D
 
When looking through the Snow Day 6x6 petite paper pack, I was instantly inspired by this adorable heart with a scarf wrapped around it:



I wanted to make a heart embellishment that kind of looked like it, so I die-cut a heart from coaster board and one from a cute red pattern from the paper pad and glued them together.  The coaster board just gives the heart some sturdiness!

To create the scarf, I just cut a strip of fabric, applied some Scor-Tape along the length of it, and folded the sides in.  For the end of the scarf, I used a small strip of Scor-Tape, then attached pieces of embroidery floss to it.  I'm sure liquid glue would work well, too, but Scor-Tape just makes it so easy! :D  It's 6-strand embroidery floss that I stuck down, then I trimmed the pieces to be the same length and unraveled the strands.

All of the patterned papers I used on this card are from Snow Day, and I'll have more to share using that cute paper soon!

Thanks for stopping by today! :D