Thursday, December 09, 2010

Lawn Fawn Contest and Bake Me a Cake Card!

You may have heard that Lawn Fawn is holding an awesome contest right now -- you can win a chance to have your card shown in their first-ever catalog and in their CHA booth!  How exciting is that?! 

Your card must be made with one of their following stamp sets: Sew Lovely, Critters in the 'Burbs, Bake Me a Cake or Hello Friend.  Thankfully, I have the first three sets, and I'm just waiting for Hello Friend to arrive in the mail [I ordered it right after the release -- fingers crossed that it arrives before the contest's deadline!].

Here's a card I made with the super-cute Bake Me a Cake stamp set! 



:o)
My camera decided it didn't want to pick up on the colours as they really are -- ha!  The card base is actually a minty teal colour, which I thought made for a cute, kind of retro colour combo with the green.  And the coloured-in cake stand is a bit more teal-y.  Please go easy on my colouring -- I'm a beginner when it comes to Copic markers!

When I first got this stamp set, I was a tiny bit nervous that I would -- despite this being a CLEAR stamp set -- still somehow manage to mess up the alignment of the stamps when building cakes [knowing me, I thought I'd definitely stamp something crookedly!].  But it's actually really easy to line up the stamps, and it's REALLY FUN to build your own custom cakes and decorate 'em as you wish!  This stamp set is TONS of fun to craft with!  Love it! :o)

Thanks for stopping by!