Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Card With Hello Friend!

My Lawn Fawn order arrived in yesterday's mail -- WOO-HOO!  I was surprised that it only took 7 days, considering the holiday season and the fact that it had to cross the border!  I couldn't wait to play with the new stamp sets, so here's a card I made yesterday evening with the super-cute Hello Friend stamp set!


:o)

Here's another sentiment that's very Humble to me...he makes me feel like the luckiest goose.  Man, am I mushy about my cat or what? :o)

I had made a somewhat similar design for a recent publication call -- that card didn't get picked up, but I still love the idea and wanted to use it again [and I'll probably use it again and again and again -- ha!].


Don't you just love the larger-sized sentiments from Hello Friend?  It's neat to have the sentiment be the focal point for a change! :o)

ETA: Just wanted to answer a question I received about the inks used! :o)  The black ink I used is Versafine in Onyx Black -- it stamps nice and crisp [I don't get the same results with every single Versafine ink colour, but the Onyx Black is, in my humble opinion, a gotta-have].  The orange happy face is Versafine in Habanero, which is probably my favourite orange -- it's such a great, rich shade!  The rest of the colours I used are VersaMagic chalk inks, which are my FAVOURITE inks to use -- I just love 'em!!  The colours are beautiful, I love the matte finish of the chalk inks, and I love the crisp, clean impressions I can get with them.  They're the dreamiest things to ever happen to my stamps! :o)  Hope this helps!


Thanks for stopping by today!